Cancer is an emotional journey....   |   Saturday, July 31, 2010


I thought that today, I'd share a story directly from this woman. She's BRAVE and participating in this project was huge for her. I couldn't say anything that would mean more than her own words.

"Cancer has been an emotional journey for me. The goodness in people is truly life affirming. I am filled with gratitude for my friends, family, co-workers/employer and medical team(s). They have been supportive, caring, giving and absolutely wonderful. My husband, John, has been my ROCK! The emotions we have shared on this journey have brought us even closer.
The photo session today was a huge step for me as I'm typically a very private person. On this journey, I have received so much love from everyone and cam to the conclusion that in order to really accept it and give it back, I had to open myself up some. For me this picture was a way to complete that opening up. This is who I am right now, this is me fighting cancer. I will win this fight, I will survive and I will go on with my life a much stronger and better person as a result of it. Thank you for doing this. You are making a difference and that's a wonderful thing." ~ Susanne M.


I couldn't have said anything more poignant than that. I'm so thankful that Susanne was BOLD enough to feel BEAUTIFUL! She's an amazingly sensitive and caring woman. We had a great time together and isn't she gorgeous???!!!

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments :

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This lovely lady has been my brother's wife for close to 30 years. She is as radiant on the inside as you can see she is on the outside. Naturally, our entire family was devastated by the news of Susanne's cancer-- but we have grown stronger as a result. And, speaking for myself, I have grown closer to her and have grown stronger in my own appreciation for life as a result of her journey. Pam & I love you, Susanne. -Mike.

August 2, 2010 at 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susanne, YOU LOOK MAH-VE-LOUS!! And very glamorous, as well!! You are a tough cookie, and I'm sure this journey has taught you things you didn't want to know. Funny thing about life... we find silver linings in the strangest places!! Hang tough, girlfriend! I look forward to many more good times with you (and John) and year and years of continued friendship.
Koby

August 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aunt suzie!!! OMG U LOOK BEAUTIFUL!! I wish I was at home so that I could come visit. if anyone can get through this , its you. love you..give uncle john some love for me too!!
Lindsay

August 3, 2010 at 12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only goes to show that a person can look gorgeous with limited hair. Yes Susanne! You are gorgeous inside and out with or without hair.
Hugs to you and John (dammit).
Mary "V"

August 7, 2010 at 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Susanne,you are a beautiful,courageous woman. I was telling Uncle John that you rock and that I can't imagine you looking anymore beautiful with a wig. I actually think it would take away from your beauty. You are an amazing woman. I love you and will be praying for you.
Liz

August 19, 2010 at 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Matt, Deb, John and Hope said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! Keep fighting Susanne! Hugs from the Vusich gang.

August 19, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Share

Back to the top