The love of sisters...   |   Sunday, July 25, 2010


Despite childhood disagreements and fights over toys, clothes and then boyfriends, the bonds between sisters is rarely broken. Some of us have friends in our lives that are as close as sisters...in fact, the line is so fuzzy that you might not know they are sisters. They sometimes even look alike and I'm so thankful that I have those women in my life. Should I ever have to endure a fight like this, I KNOW that they will be right there beside me, carrying me through the fire. You know who you are and I thank you for being in my life and I love you.
These 'real' sisters have had battles of another sort together... fighting and caring for one another through cancers. Denise W. is fighting breast cancer currently and her sister Barb has been battling brain cancer/tumors for several years, enduring three brain surgeries. I could see the love and care for one another evident in their words and their actions. I can't imagine what they would do without each other.
If this project has taught me anything, it's the power of 'more'. The more positive, loving people you surround yourself with, the easier it is to be positive. The more positive and optimistic people you hang with, the easier it is to see the good in something. The more upbeat and cheerful attitudes to choose to be around, the more cheerful you'll become. The more you pour yourself into someone and something else, the easier it is to take your eyes off yourself and make someone else's world better.
Thank you ladies for being part of this project and this journey.

Labels:

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Share

Back to the top