Feeling pretty emotional today....   |   Tuesday, August 10, 2010





The emotion of this project is catching up with me and I need to vent a bit, so hang with me. CANCER SUCKS! Sorry, for that, but it does. I learned yesterday that our very first woman to photograph, Denise A. isn't doing so well. Hospice is now involved and I'm just sad. It's just not fair... I know that life isn't fair. I've taught my kids that since they were little, but I still don't like it. I feel so helpless. Just so helpless. There just isn't another word for it. When I was a nurse, I always felt like I could do SOMETHING. But, this time I just feel helpless. Again, my friend Lisa G. and her book encourage me to press on, to do better, to do MORE. I'll have to throw myself and all this emotion into my photography. To create images that 'speak' and that illustrate the emotion of all these women..... for Denise.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments :

Blogger Carol, Song of Joy said...

Oh, Terri, God bless you. It must be so very hard, confronted with these wonderful people and bearing witness to their struggle. May Denise be healed in whatever way is best for her and may you be renewed to do what you do so beautifully and powerfully. You ARE doing something--something impossible to measure, beyond measure.

Carol

August 10, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Share

Back to the top