A Project Update...   |   Thursday, September 9, 2010




We are now winding down this project and are into our final three weeks of this campaign. I can't tell you how much this has meant to me and I KNOW how much it's meant to these amazing, Bold, Brave and Beautiful women!
I am hearing comments like, "I want to thank you for the most wonderful afternoon. I felt so beautiful. We had an extraordinary experience, almost spiritual in a way. I'm so GLAD I did this. I felt so alive when I left, I felt like I could have taken on the world."
or
"This is an awesome thing you are doing for women. It was so moving watching you photograph my sister."
or
"I want to share with you that as of the afternoon of my photo session, I have been wig-less. You made me feel so confident!"

THAT is what this entire project is about. Empowering women. Making women feel beautiful. Helping women to feel confident and emboldened during a struggle in their lives.

I want to update our faithful readers on some exciting things that are happening with our project. Sometimes my head swims with the progress of this campaign and the amount of support we are garnering.

We are nailing down the final date of our GALA to honor these amazing women. It will be either January 13th or January 27th, so mark your calendars to be there. It will be held at Eagle Eye Golf Club, very near the studio in East Lansing. It will be a very special event to treat and recognize your braveness and your journey through cancer. Each of you will leave the evening with an 11 x 14 mounted portrait of yourself to remember this empowering time in your lives.

We also will be creating a fundraising calendar using some of the images we've created during this project. 100% of the proceeds will go to continuing this project next year and making it even better. Do you realize that we haven't spend a dime on marketing this project... it's been the lovely women participating that have made this happen. YOU have been sharing about your experience and spreading the word for us! Imagine what we can do and how many women we can reach if we were able to invest in marketing our program!! The calendars will be available in a month or so and I'm hoping that all of you will help us to sell a few! If you're interested in helping with this calendar project and either selling a few personally or locating a group or location to sell some, please let me know! The more we sell, the bigger and better we can make this project and reach a larger number of women next year!! I'm so excited to see it actually in print.

Lastly, watch the Lansing State Journal this Sunday, September 12th. In the LIFE section, they will begin a profile of some of the women who have participated in this campaign! I don't know who they are... it's a surprise to me too! They'll have photos and interviews from several women and will continue to showcase this campaign till it concludes at the end of the month.

I'm so thankful for all of you and what you've done in my life through this project. I know I've said it before, but, I will never be the same person because of all of you... You have given me more than I could ever give you in a portrait! I'm so thankful for all of you!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Share

Back to the top