Talk about ATTITUDE! This lady's got it!   |   Tuesday, September 7, 2010





I'm back faithful readers... the ride didn't go like I'd planned, but I gave it my best shot! The rainy, cold and windy weather won out. I'll try again... I remain positive, knowing that I was physically able to do it. That will drive me next time!

Talking about attitude, Jan B. is FULL of ATTITUDE! She was diagnosed with Breast Cancer on March 10th this year. She's traveled through her journey, remaining positive, humorous and bringing others on board her COURAGEmobile. Rather than find her hair all over her pillow each morning or a drain full in the shower, she initiated the process, with her typical humor and had a 'Hair Removal Party'. She sent out invitations and 18 friends and family helped her 'celebrate' her positive attitude with food and drinks and then, with her typical, proactive approach, she cut her hair off. She says, "Everyone on this earth has a road to travel... if this is my road, then I'll take it and hopefully, be a better person at the other end. Not everyone HAS treatment options, I'm fortunate to have chemo and radiation to help me. I GET to do them." Now, is that attitude or what??
She shared the most amazing story with me and I have to share it with you. It personifies Jan and her attitude. She doesn't know where it came from, so all the credit goes to some amazingly positive person somewhere.

A woman going through cancer treatment was losing her hair. She awakened one morning to find that she only had three hairs left on her head. She said with enthusiasm, "I think I'll braid my hair today." And she had a very good day. She awakened the next morning and found that only two hairs were left and she said to herself, " I think I'll part my hair down the middle today." And it was a very good day. Of course, the next morning, upon looking in the mirror, she saw only one hair left. Cheerfully, she decided she'd have a ponytail and it was a very good day. Upon waking the next morning, she found her head totally bald. Excitedly she said, "I don't have to do my hair today!" And went on to have a very good day.

This story emulates Jan and her attitude. What does your attitude say about you? Do you see the positive in everything happening around you? Do you look for the best in people and situations in your daily life? Jan says, "We all belong to a club we didn't ask to join and my disease will not define me." Does your attitude label you? Are you living life, looking for the beauty in the road you're on? Can you help someone today see the positive in their situation?

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments :

Anonymous Deb said...

These pictures are amazing, but I expected nothing less from an amazing woman. The post she wrote about you was just perfect. I am very honored and proud to be your friend. If I ever have to go down this road you will be my first passenger.

September 8, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Share

Back to the top