We've reached a HUGE milestone!!   |   Friday, September 17, 2010



I wish I had pictures of celebrations, balloons and confetti to 'throw' around this blog!! We've reached an amazing milestone with this project!! We have officially over 10,000 hits on this site in a mere few weeks!! Thanks to all of our faithful readers! When I first told my husband I was going to start a blog to host the pictures of these amazing women, he said, "Yeah right, who would read that?" To say he was leery, would be an understatement. But, after a single week and we had 100, he began to think a little differently. Now, several weeks later and with analytical numbers that most bloggers would envy, here we are!! The average time spent on this blog is almost 2 hours and we've now had people reading from all over the country and even at least one international reader. These images and your amazing stories of courage and beauty are reaching people you will never know. Your bravery and encouragement is affecting men and women going through the same trials.

I am so encouraged as we move into our final weeks of this project! Calls continue to come in daily, with more women wanting to 'help someone else' by being bold and taking those wigs off and sharing their lives and their cancer journey! I am blessed beyond measure to get to meet and know so many amazing women, who are now and always will be part of my life.

I will be away for a few days... don't know if I'll have time to post. My 94 year old Grandmother went home to heaven last night and I'll be traveling 'home' to be with my mother, during these difficult days and the funeral. She lived a long and very full life... she was an amazingly determined and independent woman, being widowed for almost 40 years. She was a hard worker and built a very successful catering and cake decorating business, which she continued till about 10 years ago. These past couple years were very difficult for her and she is now at peace, in a much better place and with my Grandfather and most of her children. She lost 4 of her children in the past couple years and missed them very much. She will be remembered with the fondest of memories.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Share

Back to the top