|   Friday, May 4, 2012

"Chris LOVED his pictures and had a great time having them done!" says Mom, Elizabeth. Chris is a video game loving, 14 year old, who just happens to be going through treatment for Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma... you'd never know, looking at him and listening to his Mom talk about how active he is! The cancer, discovered when Christopher complained of pain in his kidney. Thinking it was a kidney stone or an infection, Mom took him to the hospital, where a CAT scan and biopsy the next day confirmed the worst. Elizabeth said, "Oh my God, I thought I'd die when they told me. I was scared to death and just kept thinking it was a bad dream." Finishing up treatment just last month, he now appears to 'be in remission.' Chris hid within his video game world... 'withdrawing' from life, says Mom. As most teenagers, showing little emotion about his disease and the possiblity of him dying from it. "But we learned that together, we can pretty much endure anything and that God won't give me anything I can't handle." Chris is still tired, but becoming more himeself every day. Elizabeth's message to other parents facing the same challenge of a child with a life threatening illness... "Don't give up, there is always hope."

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Share

Back to the top